MacBook C2D discoloration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anastasis, Jan 12, 2007.

1. anastasis macrumors member

I have been the happy owner of a C2D MacBook for about two weeks now. I am sad to say, however, that I am already starting to notice a little dark spot around the area where my wrists wrest and where I click on the mouse. I knew that the first round of MacBooks had an issue with discoloration on the area's where your wrists rest, but I thought that it was not an issue with the new one's.

Anyone else have a problem with C2D MacBooks?

2. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

Wow :eek: you gotta be joking? man im going to look at my macbook when i get it back omg... thanks for the warning :cool: not like im paranoid with anything else... Well actually i could be ok well maybe... then again i dont know :( the ones in the shop look oke, can you please post some pictures :) :) :)

3. Slakerr macrumors newbie

you have some serious issues :eek:

every post of yours is paranoid scratch or mark related

It is just a computer :)

4. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

Meh yeah i have issues :) i should get help... i know :) i should leik take the casing off then it wont get over heated or anything :) jst have everything on my desk... how kool... a clear cased macbook :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well, if it's just dirt and skin oils that have collected in the textured surface, then Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will clean it very easily. Worked wonders on my "discolored" iBook G3.

6. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

I have the same oils coming off on my macbook. Mr Clean Magic Eraser works well.

Is the Magic Eraser safe on my track pad?

7. aquajet macrumors 68020

I used it on the trackpad and it didn't seem to hurt it. Just make sure it's dry before you use it.