Macbook C2D Refurbs? When..how much?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hapablap, Nov 14, 2006.

1. hapablap macrumors newbie

Anyone care to guess when and how much used macbook c2d's will go for? I really have my eye on the black for $1300. I think i can manage to hold out until I start school in january but I'd like some reassurance. Thanks!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I don't know when they'll start showing up, but it would be fair to guess that they might be at the same price points the Core Duo MacBooks were at prior to the Core 2 Duo update: $949, $1099, $1299.

3. germanboy3383 macrumors newbie

hey,

great idea..cant afford a MB Pro but a refurbed one does not sound that but...the question now, i have never really bought something refurbed...how safe are those things to buy? would it fall apart on me in a few months? what about guarantees? and where would i be able to buy those? can any1 link me to them? my old iBook G4 seems to be on its last breaths. :'(

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Refurbs bought from the Apple Store (go to the main online Apple Store and click on the big red "Sale" tag near the bottom right of the page) come with a full warranty and are eligible for AppleCare should you wish to extend the warranty to three years.

Some people maintain that the refurbs are of higher quality than new machines due to the extra level of quality control that goes on during the refurb process.