MacBook C2D Shipped! now with photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sierra oscar, Nov 8, 2006.

1. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

Hello Macbook orderees and interested others.

I ordered my Macbook as soon as the Apple (Aust) store was up (early thursday morning my time) - it's now Thursday afternoon - and my Macbook has been shipped - and is with TNT Australia already.

I'm completely amazed!

Edit: a few hours turn around to get it to Mascot Airport already is impressive - now it's just got to get on a flight to Adelaide now....

2. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

New MacBook C2D ordered from Apple online, shipped and delivered in 24 hours (however had an estimated shipping time of 3-5 days and delivery in 5-6 days). That isn't half bad for a new Australian Apple shipment.

After reading that ppl are still awaiting their new MBP's, I was prepared for a wait of at the very least a week for the US MB's then (at least) another week for them to filter to Australia. These MB's were obviously already in the warehouse here in Australia long ago (not sure how long) just waiting for the marketing timeline to catch up.

3. Anna macrumors regular

Was it a custom order?
    i just ordered a black C2D this morning with more ram etc... hope to see it soon... along with an external screen etc

cheers

4. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

5. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

No I ordered stock (to maximise my chances of a quicker delivery) - and I have a Macbook glide kit from Radtech - so I want to do any extra installs myself.

As an aside - I made another order around 5pm yesterday for a mini dvi to vga adapter (thinking that would arrive next week) - and it arrived at the same time this morning, but in a different package/consignment no etc. Pretty brilliant processing and despatch times.

I'd say Anna if wasn't Friday today, you'd be getting your MB tmw - but due to the w/e it's probably a Monday morning delivery time. Keep checking TNT with your shipping numbers - you may be surprised though. I noticed that my shipment was processed at 0300am this morning when it arrived in Adelaide - perhaps if your order has arrived at your nearest airport/depot they may let you pick it up on a Saturday? (but don't know).

6. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

You Aussies are lucky!

I ordered mine thursday but mine is yet to be shipped. There's a 3 day delay here in UK. Mine should ship on tuesday (according to appl) and then there's their ridiculous delivery time of a week! Basically it's going to take TWO weeks from order to door. I'm not a happy bunny but I had to order off Apple because I'm a Higher Edu customer.

Oh well :(

7. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

Me too - I'm a higher Ed customer - have no choice presently but to order online. My previous higher Ed orders were through a reseller, but Apple have recently stopped allowing resellers offering a higher Ed discount - as you know. There is no Apple shop in the country - so online is all there is.

I personally think ppl were rorting the Higher Ed discount system - and Apple (Aust) had enough and just stopped it. This way I guess they can at least keep better records of who is qualified to receive discount.

I feel for your long shipping and delivery time - mine did say 3-5 days when I placed the order - so maybe you will be lucky. Australian orders are usually the last to ship out - I'm surprised the UK isn't quicker off the mark.

btw...I was so desperate for my MB - really needed a portable for field work - it was costing me a bit of time to write notes twice.

8. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Can you guys report on the quality of the revision? Are the new ones running cooler? Random shutdowns? Bigger vents in the rear? :D

9. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

So far: it's so very very cool - no RSS - no apparent other quality issues. I'm using it with an iSkin and Marware wrist protector - so I thought that may have added some warmth to it (albeit in my own mind) - but it doesn't. I use it in a work-in case - so that could be factor as to why heat isn't an issue - it's dispersed and has enough clearance from a desk etc.

I did think the core duo Macbooks (was it after week 30? builds) - had sorted out most issues though. It does seem that the top case is slightly different than the earlier CD Macbook I had played around earlier with in-store - the texture seems different - so I'm assuming that is the fix to the staining previous MB's had before Apple issued replacement topcases.

Speakers are tinny (but we all know that I guess). The screen is super bright and crisp. HD and fan all super quiet and operating within spec (or at least my own idea of spec).

Edit: Bigger vents? Well...it doesn't appear (to me) that the vents are different or larger - but all I can say is that my particular MB runs cool (well it's warm enough to know it's actually on - but that's all). I'm using endnote and word and have a few safari windows open looking at online databases. I also have Merlin (Project management), mail and my university library catalogue open. I've just got the stock 1Gig of RAM - all seems to run like butter.... (so far)... It's only been a few days....

10. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I just wish they would ship the Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro 17" that quick, we have been waiting 3 weeks!

11. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I ordered our MacPro on the phone and got HE discount.

12. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

13. Micrll macrumors member

Ordered Black Macbook(with extra ram) with educational discount over the phone. It appereantly shipped about 6 hours after I ordered it and and its already on a fedex truck on its way here. I expect it prob by wensday.

14. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

There is a definite delay in shipping these 17"s though - at least you aren't alone - hope you get it soon. It's odd that the MB is shipping before you orders though - you would think that a product released earlier - would have resources prioritised to move it along. Unless they are unforeseen of course.

I know they are different products - the MB and MBP - but it does seem unfair to take orders for the 17" and then not being able to meet those orders.

15. Micrll macrumors member

Just though I would share...
    My macbook apparently is coming direct from china

3:27 PM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK
    1:34 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
    12:10 PM Left origin SUZHOU CN
    10:23 AM Picked up SUZHOU CN
    9:43 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

My printer and apple care are coming direct from Sacramento, CA

Ain't global economy's great ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say, the time tags are right, my roommate reminded me that its probably local time, and when I came back to Chicago from Japan I actually arrived before I had left.

16. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

the MB C2D with Marware wrist pad and iSkin (for those who wanted to see how the two products fit - my workspace isn't the tidiest, but it's functional
    [​IMG]

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I've got a quick question: Do you know if the power supply is the same size as the CD macbooks (ie. quite compact)? Or closer in size to the MBP power supply which is quite large?

18. lgreen macrumors newbie

I'm in the U.S. and got notice a few hours ago my macbook core 2 duo has shipped and will be here by friday! I ordered it nov. 3 though. (actually I ordered the macbook core duo, but they held my shippment for the new release).

19. sierra oscar thread starter macrumors 6502

it's small and light - 60Watts - measuring about 7cm square.

it's quite a bit lighter than my wireless mighty mouse with two batteries inside

lgreen: that's pretty cool, I bet you are glad your original order was delayed now

20. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Cool, many thanks for the reply!

21. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

It must just be UK shipments which are taking days... I'm borerd waiting... I want it to have shipped so i can track the order (the most fun part of any purchase). I'm due to be shipped on tuesday 14th but I'm hoping it'll ship tomorrow (monday 13th). In an ideal world, it'll come wednesday afternoon or friday morning, when i'm actually in the house for once!

I suppose it'd be nice if it came next monday too - my birthday.

22. whawhat macrumors 6502

ordered a custom macbook on the 8th, its shipping today, november 12th! should have it in hand by the 15th. not bad at all ;)