Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I got my first mac today finaly it showed via ups which I had ordered sunday night from amazon.com. I have actualy used macs before in many art and photography classes and I got hooked on them. This is a black macbook and so far is pefect. No wine no mooing, etc and I have been sticking my head right up againts the thing to see if i hear any noises coming from it. None oncehowever. Hopefully it stays pefect the way it is now. I'm actualy thinking about upgrading the ram too but Im not sure if I'm gona get 1gb or 2gb when i order from newegg.

There is one problem I am having right now though. I cant seem to find a good xchat system information plugin/script to display my info on irc using xchat aqua.

Besides all of that I also took some picts as I opened the package and setup my brand new mac :D
http://pc-geeks.com/mac
unfortionently my images are a little large since i dont yet have photoshop on here ;)

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
oh ya picts might not work for some of you expecialy people on comcast because my webhost blocks quite a few of the ranges of ips comcast has :(

But I have to update I said there wasnt any mooing issue at first. Well actualy there is I just hadnt goten the system warm enough at the time. It seems whenever i hit 67C on the cpu temps the fans start kicking on and off. Its quite annoying if Im in a silent room :mad: hopefully apple will fix the issue before I go nuts over it lol. Athough I can say Im kind of used to it as my old stereo mini system used to produce the same mooing noise with its fans lol. how strange I seem to be cursed to buying electronics that moo :p

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
You should get a free account with flickr ...

They resize the photos in like....5 different sizes and it is great.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Nice Pictures, enjoy your MacBook its a real joy to use and I'm sure you'll love it!!!!

SHadoW

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
mrweirdo said:
I got my first mac today finaly it showed via ups which I had ordered sunday night from amazon.com. I have actualy used macs before in many art and photography classes and I got hooked on them. This is a black macbook and so far is pefect. No wine no mooing, etc and I have been sticking my head right up againts the thing to see if i hear any noises coming from it. None oncehowever. Hopefully it stays pefect the way it is now. I'm actualy thinking about upgrading the ram too but Im not sure if I'm gona get 1gb or 2gb when i order from newegg.

There is one problem I am having right now though. I cant seem to find a good xchat system information plugin/script to display my info on irc using xchat aqua.

Besides all of that I also took some picts as I opened the package and setup my brand new mac :D
http://pc-geeks.com/mac
unfortionently my images are a little large since i dont yet have photoshop on here ;)

You can do 2 or 3 things:
1 - Download an external software entity to resize images
2 - Use Preview or is it iPhoto to scale images?
3 - I made and Automator plugin to scale images, so i recommend that.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Great pictures mrweirdo, enjoy your Macbook! :D I was thinking about buying from Amazon to avoid the taxes but I really want the larger hard drive... :(

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
SuperSnake2012 said:
Great pictures mrweirdo, enjoy your Macbook! :D I was thinking about buying from Amazon to avoid the taxes but I really want the larger hard drive... :(

Just pick one up retail, it's far more cost effective.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I just wanna bump up the hard drive to 80GB though. Hmm... I don't know what to do :( I'll just see how much money I have when I go to buy it. I'll probably just get the Macbook from Amazon and then bump up the hard drive later on and use the 60GB as an external :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.