MacBook Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kainjow, May 18, 2006.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

So I need a case for my MacBook. I don't think anyone makes one specifically for it yet. I guess I'd just have to go looking around for something that fits. Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: I think I might get the Brenthaven Pro 15-inch/17-inch Backpack. It's semi-overkill, but since I'll take it to class a few times, I don't want to lug around separate bags.

2. codo macrumors 6502

I emailed be.ez and they said their MacBook LArobe collection is - "already in manufacturing schedule" which is funky, as their sleeves etc are Fab!

They also added the products will be in the UK no later than Mid-June, so probably in the USA slightly before I'd imagine.

:)

3. kainjow thread starter Moderator emeritus

kainjow

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

It looks Ok but I prefer a fully sealable one like the Tucano Skins as they stop spills or crumbs etc when in a backpack....otherwise it looks alright,

ShadoW

5. oclor macrumors regular

If you want a sleeve I would wait for incase to come out with one for the MacBook, but if you want a backpack, i highly recomend the Oakley AP Sandbag. That think looks amazing, has a special compartment for laptops, and it's oakley. I would love to get it but its a little pricy at $110

6. codo macrumors 6502

Still cant beat be.ez sleeves in my eyes! Love 'em.

:)

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

8. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

Booq for me.

its pricey, but i really really love my Booq BP3 set http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=44 and the sleeve fits my 12" PB like a glove, very protected and took it on a flight and to Colorado. It got thrown around in the condo and things and i LOVE IT. I will never get anything else, when i get my MBP i will get the sleeve to fit it and keep the backpack. I would hold out for the MacBook sleeve.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I bought the STM Medium Cargo, and I'm loving the hell out of it. The 15 inch sleeve fits the (13.3 inch) MacBook nicely on the horizontal, with just a little bit of vertical play. Still, it strikes me as being more than snug enough. Also put my power adapters, digital camera + cable, and sketchpad in there. Weighs a bit, but looks nice and is built very well.

[​IMG]

10. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

waiting for crumpler to come out with their 13.3" cases...

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have the small loft for my 12" PB, and it's nice to know that it'll probably fit. In fact, after seeing that photo where the 12" PB is placed on top of the 13.3" MB, my bag will probably be a perfect fit for the new 13.3" MB design. It has a bit of room on both sides, probably just enough for MB. :)

12. cloudblood84 macrumors regular

cloudblood84

after i got my macbook...i went to the sony style store to get a case, it was funny as i was walking in one of the workers jokingly said " uh yeah we dont like those u cant come in with that"...i told him id MAYBE think about a sony if they ran OSX and possibly werent so damn overpriced. i figured since sony has a lot of 13.3 laptops i got a VAIO case...its nice and snug and not too expensive (about 20 bucks)

13. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I just found (and ordered) this Booq Mamba S Vertical Shoulder Bag for the 13-inch MacBook. Wasn't sure if I wanted the shoulder bag or a backpack, but this looks like it will work very nicely.

Here's a pic -
    [​IMG]

14. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I carry a backpack like this and use the sleevz and the screensavrz from Radtech.us. I've used these products dating back to my 1Ghz TiBook and have been quite happy.

15. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I really like my incase sleeve/case for my G4 iBook... and I am hoping they make one very soon to fit the new MacBook as I plan on getting one in a few weeks...

Anyone have any insight? :)

16. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I ordered this one today:

http://www.bitolithic.com/bags/index.htm

Made in Australia! I've heard good things about these ones and they even have one specifically for the macbook already so that works for me!

17. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I used to have a Incase sleeve/case for the old iBook G3 I used to have. Agreed, great sleeves, fits smugly and looks great. I got it in the Apple Store the day I bought the iBook G3 :)

I'd wait for them to come out with a MacBook-specific one too. Hopefully within the next two month, because that's when I'll buy my MacBook!

18. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Vyper cases from www.booqbags.com ROCK. Had one for my PowerBook, already ordered one for my MacBook Pro (sadly, the machines are slightly-different sizes, and the cases fit like a glove, so I hadda order a new one).

19. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Wow, thanks for the recommendation, clayj!

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1409

That's the exact case for the MacBook for convenience's sake. The case does look very nice, and meets my desire for a minimalist, simple sleeve.

20. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I was going to get that case, but August 21st is a long ways off.

21. MrK macrumors newbie

Get a case soon...

Aug. 21 is a long time. My experience with the white model especially is that is scrtaches quickly. Find something that works for now and is cheap if you want to wait for one of the nicer cases coming out in August from Booq oe be.ez.

22. TonySwartz macrumors member

23. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Those look pretty nice, But check these Shinza Zero Shock sleeves out they are awesome, I used to have one for my iBook and they are so tough you could basically throw your backpack around if your laptop is in one of these....

They should have a 13" model out soon.

ShadoW

24. kbonney macrumors newbie

i need a case too

does anyone recommend the timbuk2 bags?

i am traveling to europe this summer and i just ordered at macbook so i can have it with me. i'll have my backpack too.

is it worth getting a seperate case or can i get away with using a neoprine sleeve inside my pack?

suggestions? cant wait til friday!!!!!

25. andytye1 macrumors newbie

guys and girls check these bad boys out, by far the best macbook cases i've seen yet...

http://www.foofbag.com/

made in oz, but very different to what you're probably used too... plus you'd be hard pushed to find another one the same in your local starbucks...