MacBook Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OCOTILLO, Nov 27, 2006.

1. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

I have a MacBook 13" on order. I want to buy a carrying case and am looking for recommendations. I prefer to have one that will accomodate the power brick but is not too large. I checked the Apple online store. I like the black InCase Nylon sleeve ($49.95), but I was put off by the reviews that said it stained the white MacBook. Any ideas?

2. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I use the STM small alley bag, works great. I highly recommend it.

4. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

I use a tucano case, it's awesome, I even dropped my macbook once from waist height :eek: and no internal or external damage. (dont ask how i managed to drop it, there is no excuse)

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

6. Digidesign macrumors 6502

I was looking for a nice sleeve for my Macbook that wouldn't scratch it from the zipper, and at the same time I wanted it as snug as possible and at a good price. Some of the solutions I see that cost $50+ seem like a waste of money.

I picked up this Case Logic 13" Sleeve at my local Fry's store for ~$20. It's a tight fit, but snug. It goes into my backpack just like another book, instead of another "compartment", like my previous sleeve.

7. Sicarius macrumors member

I just got mine two days ago, and I got it with an STM Medium Loft bag, it's made for the 15" MBPs, but also works perfectly with the MB. Doesn't move around hardly at all, and a LOT of extra room. The STM Small (Specifically for iBook/Macbook) Loft bags just screamed "Here's a laptop, come and steal it!". This one is much more subtle.

8. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

id definatly go with a brenthaven case, though i dont have one. I have heard really good things about them and plan on getting one.

9. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

me too, their are the best cases one can get. i was looking into the edge but didn't like the zipper inside the flap so i will go for the metro.

10. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I'm a big fan of the Waterfield Design sleeves/cases from sfbags.com. Many styles, can customize to your needs. Price seems right to me. I use a plain sleeve and just put it into a backpack or bag, but you can add pockets, straps, etc. to your liking. Great customer service and quick shipping, too! I ordered my last one (MB13) online over the weekend, and it arrived from San Francisco to Nashville on Tuesday!

Good luck!

11. 4nex macrumors member

I hate stuff like that, North Face do a backpack with a laptop compartment, good idea, but then they went and called it Modem. FFS guys:rolleyes:

12. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

13. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

davidg4781

Is there room in there for the power adapter? I bought a larger Brenthaven bag and love it. There's a lot of room to bring everything I need, but sometimes, I need just my Macbook, and the adapter. I've heard conflicting stories.

14. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if they carry those stm small alley bags in the apple store? I think I want to go with that one, don't really feel like ordering it though, would rather just go pick it up.

Thanks!!

allison.

15. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

Yeah, I've seen them at the store before.

16. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I have this bag but for a MBP, so it's a little bit bigger. Anyhow the adapter fits just fine in the extra pocket, it's a little tight but fights fine anyway, even with the extension cord plugged in.

This bag is amazing, makes you feel really confident incase you drop the laptop.