Macbook casing sourrounding the LCD coming loose where it says "MacBook"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Nweeks14, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Nweeks14 macrumors newbie

Nweeks14

On the macbook "Users report the case structure surrounding the screen as popping off or seperating from the LCD housing." I have had that problem as reported by appledeffects wiki. It isnt a huge deal. It is just a little loose and not completely popped off like that quote says. Have any other Macbook owners had that issue? If so what have you done to fix it? I have ran coreduotemp and it runs hot but no hotter than the normal macbook user and that is where it would seem like the problem would come from. Extreme heat and loosening of the glue I'm guessing. I don't know what to do and if this looseness is going to cause problems in the future for my otherwise wonderful machine I would like to know what I can do to fix this or what should be done.

2. jdiddy macrumors member

I had the same problem happen to me on 3 Macbooks. I exchanged the first 2 and straight out returned the 3rd. The bezel could be clipped back on but after a couple of hours it would fall off again. Mine was not just loose. The bezel fully seperated from the LCD itself.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

no, i can click mine out but it goes right back.

4. Nweeks14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nweeks14

are you guys talking about the part right above the hinge area where it says macbook? That is what I am referring to. I can also pop the caseing in and out up and down the sides but this is more refferring to the area that is literally taking a lot of the heat from where the fan blows it out.

5. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

6. Nweeks14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nweeks14

yeah, it's not like it is completely falling apart its just I'm wondering if in the future the lcd could somehow come loose and that would cause serious problems.

7. taybone macrumors member

Welcome to the MacBook's construction flaws :rolleyes: Mine had this problem in several areas of the laptop...what did i do to fix it?...Well i am about to return it and get a MacBook Pro.

8. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

applecare anyone?

haha no but i think i saw that on an old ibook the other day but not on a macbook.

9. Rovman macrumors regular

That bezel is purely cosmetic. It just clips into place. Mine was a little loose so i took it off (gently pry it off from the inside edge) then put it back on firmly clicking it into place all around the edges. Now its fully attached and not loose anywhere. It's hardly worth returning the MacBook over.. The LCD itself is screwed into the back, hard plastic (the top of the case when lid is closed).

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm not sure it's purely cosmetic, surely it keeps the wires protected?
    Anyways, try some weak glue or other adhesive (so you can still remove the bezel if necessary) to keep it from popping out.

11. wyrmintheapple macrumors regular

Superglue is the answer to all your problems.....

12. t2nerb macrumors newbie

Darn!!!

yea, dude!!! my blackbook has this too, like when you push on it, it goes in a little, and like when you open the macbook it widens, this is caused from opening and closing the macbook. Well, what have you done to fix it?? this thread is pretty old anyways... see ya