Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Hello guys,

I have 2 issues with my macbook keyboard.

1)The first problem is the repeating function ... wherever I put the slide in the system preference, from the slowest to the fastest, the repeating key is not fast or slow at all .. it is a constant speed. Can anyone help me with this ?

2)The second problem can be find while playing games. (The problem is kinda hard to explain, but I'll try). Let's say we are playing a first person shooter, withhe stock w, a , s, d, moving configuration. When I press w to go foward, no problem, but if I wanna go diagonaly top-right, I have to press the d key after the w key. But it won't work. If i press w, then d, in theory, I would go top-right, but it will only go right. And if I unpress the d key, I would go foward, but no, the player just stops moving. The problem can be bypassed by pressing w and d at the same time, then the keyboard acts "normally". It looks like if the keyboard can,t manage having 2 key pressed one after another.

Thanks, Olivier

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Of course. And just to make sure ... I have a Macbook, CD, 2hz white, 2gb ram. Running 10.4.8

One of my friend who have the same Macbook, but with C2D doesn't have the keyboard w a s d problem.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
From the way you describe your game it really sounds like the fault lies with the developer of the game and not the Macintosh branded computer.

What game is it anyway?

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
it's for all games. I played quake 3 and world of warcraft, and the same problem occurs.

I have windows installed on the computer, and it works without a problem ... so if it's not the games ... or the keyboard itself, it could be the OS ? But , as I said previously, my friend has a C2D Macbook and he doesn't have the problem...

Selenolycus

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
it's for all games. I played quake 3 and world of warcraft, and the same problem occurs.

I have windows installed on the computer, and it works without a problem ... so if it's not the games ... or the keyboard itself, it could be the OS ? But , as I said previously, my friend has a C2D Macbook and he doesn't have the problem...

Have you tried playing with an external keyboard? This could at least help isolate the problem.

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Hum, I have an external keyboard at home (currently at school), but i'll try when I'll come back home tonight. What I am sure of is that the problem #1 is still there if I use the external keyboard, but I'm not sure for the game problem.

I'll check tonight.

Thanks, Oliver

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Ok, I tried on my Apple External Keyboard, and the problem still occurs. But I realised something. The problem is there when I play WoW on Mac OS. The problem is there when I play Quake 3 via CrossOver. The problem isnt there when I play Quake 2. (I have the retail game, with the quake 2 x 1.1 patch applied.) Do you guys know what I should do ?

Thanks, Oliver

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.