MacBook Charging Peculiarity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by veebs, Mar 14, 2007.

1. veebs macrumors newbie

Lately, my lovely MacBook has developed a rather odd charging cycle...

It will charge up to what I assume is 100% (it never says that, rather, "Calculating" or "Charged")
    It will then switch between "Charging" and "Charged" every few seconds. The power plug is also switching between an orange and green LED...

FWIW, its a 2GHz Core Duo, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, with OS 10.4.9

Has anyone else had this type of thing happen?

2. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Could be a faulty charger. Try to reset the PRAM and see if that helps. If that doesn't, call Apple.

3. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Mine did this for time then it went back to normal. Do you ever completely drain the battery? I might twice a week drain the battery. I was wondering does maybe that cause this.

4. veebs thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't drain the battery that often, but try to at least once a month. I did it just a few days ago, only to have it completely shutdown at about 14% battery - no warnings, no "You are on reserve power". I've read others have had this problem, and that it was solved with 10.4.9 so i'll try it again I suppose.

I called Apple, who told me to take it to the local mac store. They in turn wanted to take the machine off me, for "one to two weeks".
    I just can't go that long without a machine - one to two days maybe, but WEEKS?

I'll try the PRAM now... Wish me luck :)

5. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Sounds like they are going to be testing everything on your MacBook (hardware related).