Macbook dilema

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edwardcheah, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. edwardcheah macrumors newbie

    Dec 19, 2004
    I know theres a few threads about wheather to buy a macbook now or wait it out till the WWDC conference in august to see if there are any speed bumps but my situation is a bit different.

    I've been thinking of getting the macbook for a few weeks now, reading reviews and watching videos on them and i'm really excited and i'm totally convinced its the right notebook for what i need.

    However i don't need it imediately, so heres my dilema ... theres talk about the new Merom chips being released in september. I have already experienced buying my ImacG5 just 2months before apple released the new model with the isight which sucked so much for me. I just don't want to make the same mistake especially when i don't need the macbook now.
  2. CNU182 macrumors regular

    Oct 9, 2003
    I'd say go for it. There is no real way to stay "on top" of technology, unless maybe you're steve j. The macbooks are only about a month old (i believe), and despite my recent dilemmas, I can still say that out of all of the notebooks I have owned (hp omnibook, toshiba satellite, averatec, dell), this has been the best purchase.
  3. Chrispy macrumors 68020


    Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    Just go for it if you want one. I used to be nuts about being on top of tech but I have learned to relax about it now. I'm still a big fan of G5 powermacs and the 12" powerbook so that shows how up on things I am haha ;-)
  4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a


    Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    Get it

    Just got my wife the Macbook- caved and bought it from Apple with an extra 512 over the phone because Amazon kept running out. I think this setup will be around for a while.

    She loves it - her dell is collecting dust right now and I'm no longer "IT guy." Will replace my 2 year old PB at some point, but have no reason to.. just keeps chuggin'. I'm think her MB will too if it doesn't turn orange.
  5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

    Apr 2, 2006
  6. batman123 macrumors regular

    Jun 21, 2006
    Some Place Only You Know...
  7. count chocula macrumors 6502a

    count chocula

    Apr 7, 2006
    noun. a particular place or position
    it wont be anything like the situation with your imac. there may be a speed bump, it may get merom, but theres no garantees. the macbook pro will get both of those before the macbook will. unlike with your imac, there is absoloutely no chance of there being a redesign. i'm posting this from my macbook, and i know i made the right decision not to wait, it wasnt even a consideration for me. i love this thing!¡!¡!¡
  8. edwardcheah thread starter macrumors newbie

    Dec 19, 2004
    hmmm ... would there be a difference between a macbook with the chip it has now and one with a merom in it?
  9. gloss macrumors 601


    May 9, 2006
    Yes. But there's always going to be faster out there. Don't wait unless you're free of time constraints and are going to be doing something where the faster processor might actually make a difference.

Share This Page