Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
nice find, god dammit apple, damn gma 950, it's the only thing stopping me and it's killing me.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Hector said:
nice find, god dammit apple, damn gma 950, it's the only thing stopping me and it's killing me.

Swallow your pride man. Do have a specific app in mind that won't run (well) with the GMA?

I'll be using Aperture on mine. It's not officially supported but ithe UB version installs without a hack now and runs fine according to reports. Apple's Aperture product manager said it's OK in fact.

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
MY GOSH! It's been a whole day and we're getting disassembly photos just now?

Are those guys in China are getting lazy, or what? :)

Eh... looks like they're putting on the thermal grease at least somewhat correctly... it's not like they were all "OMG GUYZ IF WE PUT ON A GIENT BLAWB OF THURMAL GREESE MAY-B THULL WERK BETTAR!!1!"

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
drlunanerd said:
Swallow your pride man. Do have a specific app in mind that won't run (well) with the GMA?

I'll be using Aperture on mine. It's not officially supported but ithe UB version installs without a hack now and runs fine according to reports. Apple's Aperture product manager said it's OK in fact.

3d studio max, vue despirté, a bunch of games.

arrrg **** it, i'm buying one my pc can deal with that.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I love these quick disassembles.

What is really nice is that hard drive. A lot of my PC friends think that replacing a hard drive is common practice (for when it dies or gets killed with a virus) and found it odd that the Macs were not user serviceable. This is a great step forward in the design.

SLJ

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2003
Australia
how hard is replacing the hard drive for mac pro book? the macbook look so easy to replace... should I be jealous?

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
London
SLJ said:
how hard is replacing the hard drive for mac pro book? the macbook look so easy to replace... should I be jealous?

The whole top case needs to be removed and a few other little bits and bobs to replace the HD in a MBP.:(

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Voidness said:
Well, it seems to me that the white Macbook uses a different plastic material when compared to the black one. The white one is all glossy on the outside, just like the iBook, the black one is not:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1748

Its probably recycled Pismo plastic in the black one. Seriously though, that's probably why the black one doesn't look so good (in non marketing photos, eg real life) as I thought it would. It really just looks like an old black Apple laptop. The black iPods are glossy, the white iPods, iMacs and MacBooks are glossy, why isn't the black MacBook glossy?

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
I think the easy replaceable HD is one of the coolest features for the MacBook....

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Why is the CPU from 2004?

170258.jpg

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Best guess is it's the copywright/patent for the design specifications, when it was filed.

SLJ

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2003
Australia
i still dont think is very hard for Apple to upgrade the CPU, just matter how much need to be charge, of cos is not as easy as replacing a CPU from a socket...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.