MacBook discolouration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by instorn, Dec 3, 2006.

1. instorn macrumors newbie

There were a lot of reports of the casing on rev 1 MacBooks becoming discoloured after a couple of weeks use. Does anyone know if this is still the case with the C2D MacBooks?

2. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

They have fixed this problem. But, you can never be too careful. I have one of these and love it.

Skin for macbook

3. jl24 macrumors newbie

I think I have a rev 2 model and I've seen it start to discolour bad. I've had mine for 5 months now so I don't know whether my batch would of had the problems, but it certainly seems the case :(

4. jimijay macrumors newbie

There is a 'rev 2' interior plastic for the CD MB-- that's what my service order said when it was fixed. If you have discoloration, just asked to have it replaced but try iKlear first.

5. instorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Just curious, did this problem only affect the white MacBooks or both colours?

6. J Radical macrumors regular

J Radical

BUMP

Because I need an answer to this question, my CD MB started turning grey around the palm rest and trackpad after 2 weeks, Apple are sending me a new C2D (which was lovely of them) and I need to know if the same thing will happen.

As far as i'm concerned this is unacceptable, plastic should not change colour, dirt should wipe off. I'd accept a tainted MB after 2 years or so of use, but not after 2 weeks, or even 5 months.

Answers/experiences people!