Macbook doesn't recognize blank CD and DVD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xoai, Nov 18, 2006.

1. xoai macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2006
    A Peace Field
    Hix, I just burn a DVD-R two days ago but to day is the worst day ever with my macbook. I inserted a blank DVD and Macbook ejected it after some seconds. I tried many times with some several brand DVD but it is still not working. I already search round and found out many people have the same problem but I still dont see any good solution. Someone suggests that I should call Apple but I am in Vietnam and there is not any Apple Care here (OMG, I bought this Macbook in Japan :cool: ). Some tells the firmware causes the problem but dont see anything help to solve. T.T Help me! It doesnt work with blank CD too. Superdrive now is just like a DVD-drive :(
  2. Gud4alaf macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2006
    cd and dvd problem

I have exactly the same problem and no one seems to know what to do.

I upgraded iTunes to the latest version and now the drive spits out any disc inserted even with iTunes closed down!

Any suggestions welcome.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
  4. Deputy-Dawg macrumors member

Aug 23, 2006
    Had that problem with a 12" PowerBook G4 a year ago. Had to have the drive replaced under warranty. Good luck
  5. gxmilano macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2014
    good morning to all, i have the same problem; who did solve it?
    thanks alot
  6. mpugarte macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2015
  7. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502

Apr 16, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    It could be either the lens is dirty or you could have a bad drive, same thing happened with my 2007 MB and it turned out that the optical drive went bad.
  8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Oct 24, 2013
    Disk drives die, the fix is to get them replaced....