macbook external display question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mojohojo, Feb 17, 2007.

1. mojohojo macrumors regular

connecting my macbook via dvi>hdmi to my toshiba 37" lcd tv, i can't seem to get it to fit it full screen.
    with overscan on - the top menu bar and bottom is slightly cut off,
    while with overscan off - it does not fit full screen with inch gap all around.
    what other controls do i configure to fit the screen?

also, using it as extended display and playing movies - the full screen mode always seems to move back onto my macbook screen. any way to make it full screen on the tv?

lastly, the colors/contrast seem to be slightly off and also blurry. would this be because im using a cheap non-brand dvi>hdmi cable?

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I don't think the macbook can power a screen of that size, I *think* the largest it can do full screen is a 30" , although i'm not entirely sure.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

23" in actuality. The GMA can only handle 1920 resolution....barely.

4. bwanac macrumors regular

I imagine his tv does not have a resolution that large. They are not built with computer use in mind. But I am having a similar problem?

Did you figure something out OP?

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

37" lcd tv's usually have a 1366 by 768 (720p), very similar to the macbook's own native screen resolution (1280 by 800). the macbook can definitely drive the op's toshiba television. i don't know why (maybe someone can help me here), but the best way to display full screen is to use vga and not hdmi.