Macbook fails to find network

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheCreeper, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TheCreeper macrumors member

Just got my new MB and I've run into a minor prob. It seems that airport sometimes does not find my wireless network. This usually happens when I put it to sleep or do a restart OR when i plug it in while its in sleep mode (it wakes and sleeps).

I am using an old Linksys 802.11b router.
    My iMac G5 is hardwired into it.
    My old iBook G4 always sees the network.

Some work arounds to this problem is I have to go into the Linksys admin page and make SSID Broadcast available for all the world to see (I do not like this). Once I do this the MB sees it and connects.

I have gone into Network and it even shows my network in there yet it fails to connect to it. I can even type in the network name and the WEP password and it still fails to connect. It seems once I make the SSID broadcast available it works.

Thoughts? Doesn't have all the time yet...

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

3. TheCreeper thread starter macrumors member

i think i got that update but i'll have to check again. when i first started my MB for the first time software update popped up with a ton of stuff and I think I remember this was one of them.

i will check...

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

you can always check to make sure that its set to automatically connect when it finds it.

5. TheCreeper thread starter macrumors member

how so? I think I did this as well but just want to make sure i did the right steps. i think i did set it to connect auto and it still would not. thanks

6. TheCreeper thread starter macrumors member

now everytime i wake it fails to find the network BUT when i go to airport it sees my network and i have to select it all the time.

i must be missing something. how to i get it to default to connect to my network?

i do have that update for airport...