Macbook falling apart??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Osarkon, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Aug 30, 2006
    Ok, been following this forum for ages, been a LOT of help, and now i've got myself a week 31 Macbook (white, 2.0Ghz) . Thing is, it basically had a fit on me one night, which ended up in me having to take out the battery, and ever since, the left side of the laptop creaks. it's still attached, but it's not as solid as the right hand side. This wouldn't normally bother me, only what with all these horror stories about macbooks that are flying about, i'm slightly worried. Also, going to uni end of next month, and don't want my precious laptop to fall apart 2 weeks into Uni and have to end up trying to get it fixed/ replaced.

So my question is, should I leave it be? There isnt' an apple store anywhere near me, so I can't take it in anywhere. As long as it stays in one piece, i'm happy. has anyone else experienced this? Haven't found it documented anywhere online, perhaps because it is a minor thing, only when the rest of the laptop is so solid, this nags me. Loathe to send it back because i'm absolutely loving my first mac :D
  2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2010
    Have you had this issue with the new 2011 macbooks? I want to get one.
  3. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2008
    NYC, NY