Macbook! I just purchased!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adiddas125, Aug 8, 2006.

1. adiddas125 macrumors member

Aug 2, 2006
    Hi! Ive been lurking on this forum and been reading alot of great advice from you all! I have decided to buy an apple macbook tonight (blackbook), ordered 2gb ram, and a 120gb hdd (internal), and a 500gb external. I have never used a mac before, but I look forward to using one soon for medical school! I hope this macbook is as good as everyone says it is.

As far as upgrading my hard drive, do I need to buy a new copy of Mac OSX tiger when I install my 120gb Seagate? Anyone wanna buy a 80gb Hdd? :p Thanks for all your advices and help! I look forward to some great responses as usual.
  2. aaronb macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2006
    Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you will love it!

I think that you can use the OS X disk that comes with your MacBook to reinstall it on the upgraded HD.
  3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

Aug 7, 2005
    Up the irons
    Your MacBook comes with all the back-up dvds and software. Just use those to install OS X on your new HD. Be sure to format.
  4. Shazkar macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2006
    Hey I just did the same thing, same internals, except a white one, and an external half the size of yours. You can use the OS X discs that come with it on your new hard drive and it'll work nicely.
  5. Suzuki macrumors member

Aug 7, 2006
    United Kingdom
  6. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

Aug 8, 2006
    nice. i was looking at the black macbook for a long time before ultimately going with the 15 inch macbook pro. just ordered it today!

my buddy got the black macbook and i know it runs really well. hope you enjoy it. i can't wait for mine!
  7. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    Blackbook's are awesome you will love it, especially as your a mac newbie.....I remember the days of my first mac :p