MacBook + Ipod Offer - EU Extension?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by meanpeoplesuck, Aug 14, 2006.

1. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

Hey guys,

I know that Apples offer of getting €160 off an ipod is meant to run out on September 16th or so, but if you visit the Irish Online Apple Store, you will see that it says it runs out on October 7th.

"Buy a Mac before October 7th, 2006, and save up to € 160 on an iPod after postal rebate. And remember, this is on top of your usual education discount."

Does Europe have an extension on the offer or is this an error? This would effect my decision to buy the MacBook quite alot.

Thanks!

2. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I'm pretty sure the dates are right. The only thing i'm worried about is that this might mean there won't be any new iMac's until this offer runs out :(

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I think it's *possibly* because the Back to School promotion started later than in the US, hence a later finish date. I'm not sure how much later though

4. meanpeoplesuck thread starter macrumors member

If it's correct then it's perfect timing for me. It gives plenty of time for any potential upgrades (from this Paris show) on the nano or macbook to be in place before I buy one and make use of the offer. :)

I've heard about the slim chance that the MacBook might be upgraded along with the MacBook Pro, but what upgrades if any could be made to the nano?

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

The iPod offer only started at the start of August, whereas it's been running for months in the US.

I'm praying for an iMac update before October 7th, but if it doesn't, I'll just buy one anyway (with a 30G white iPod). The iPod deal is very, very nice.

6. meanpeoplesuck thread starter macrumors member

Paddyland? You Irish too? :cool:

We're both waiting for updates then, it's a damn sweet price if it all works out!

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Why doesn't Australia have this promotion! :mad: I know its not back to school here but I don't recall it either around that time either.