Macbook Issues, please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diegozuniga, Oct 4, 2006.

1. diegozuniga macrumors newbie

After using my Ibook for a year, I decided I wanted to get the new Macbook, for the screen and everything else it brings with it. After getting it this past weekend I have been having several re-ocurring problems.

1. Iphoto freezes up when I am importing my old photos from a DVD. It has done it 3 times already while it never happened in my Ibook. What is going on with it?

2. MPEG videos do not play on any player that i have downloaded; Quicktime, VLC, Windows Media Player, Flip for Mac, DivX. What is the problem, they used to play fine on the Ibook in VLC and WMP.

3. It takes a longer amount of time to boot up than with the Ibook which had more aplications and less memory. Supposedly, Apple stated that it would be 5X as fast.This is completely false in my case.

4. My mouse pad seems to stick sometimes and the only way to get it to unstick is to scroll through the upper left side. Is this normal???

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help, and I am sorry if they are pretty dumb questions, but I have tried everything.

2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

my suggestion is to do a backup of important files and do a full archive and install and if that does not work do a full erase and install

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Do a full Re Install, it will help alot..... a pain but worth it.

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

And make sure you use the disk utility on the first install disk to erase the hard drive. Then do the install. That is what is called a "clean install."

4. Sounds like a hardware problem. :(

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

yep this does not sound like a happy Macbook - bootup should be 20-30 sec or less from the Dong.

6. diegozuniga thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I figured out that the problem with the start up, was that I had a DVD in the drive and that slowed everything up. Now It takes about 25 sec which is understandable. But I still have the problem with

MPEG videos do not play on any player that i have downloaded; Quicktime, VLC, Windows Media Player, Flip for Mac, DivX. What is the problem, they used to play fine on the Ibook in VLC and WMP. In VLC it says that "main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
    VLC probably does not support this sound or video format."

And whenever I imported my pictures from the DVD, the did not get ordered by month and date like I had them before. Now I only have 1 file per year then a bunch of pictures with numbers suck as 1 1.3 1.4 so on and so forth. This is really troublesome when trying to find a picture.

Is this still a hardware problem???? I really do not want to do a full install again. But if it is completely necesary i will do it. Thank you again for all your help