MacBook: Keyboard & Trackpad Not Functioning?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by WabeWalker, Jul 16, 2006.

1. WabeWalker macrumors member

Not only has my MacBook got hideous discoloration on the palmrest and trackpad, but now the keyboard and the trackpad aren't even responding!

The number lock (or F6 key), and the Caps Lock key are both turned on - does this have anything to do with it?

The problem started when I launched a DVD with the Apple remote (something I had never done before). When I quit the application, and reverted to the desktop, the keyboard and the trackpad were no longer functioning.

I've tried everything. I've switched off the computer, I've rebooted about twelve times now, nothing works.

I have to admit, this is my sixth computer in twenty years and I've never had problems of thiis magnitude. Apple had better fix this thing or else I am goiing to be one pissed off customer.

2. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I *think* that turning numlock disables all the keys except the ones with the little nimbers on them that closely resemble a full size numpad. As for the trackpad, I don't know, but I would guess that numlock does disable it so when you're using the numlock function your palm doesn't move the pointer by accident.

3. WabeWalker thread starter macrumors member

But hitting the number lock key again should disable the number lock. Also, the numbers don't seem to be working anyhow. This is one ****ed up computer.

4. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

um same thing happened with me. using a mouse works for moving around with the pointer but keyboard still dont work. anyone know whats up?

numlock key on mine is off.

edit--- oops didnt know this was just for mac pro and powermac. im using a macbook. sorry.

6. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

This is supposed to be in the MacBook forum anyways.