Macbook LCD "white spots"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by fredwards, Aug 9, 2006.

1. fredwards macrumors member

Is anyone experiencing something similar to the old powerbook issue of white or bright spots appearing on their LCD on their macbook?

I have a white 2.0GHz macbook and have noticed a spot that is brighter than usual (at least twice as bright as the rest of the screen when viewing a white background on full brightness).

I started off to be merely a spec, but looks like it is the size of a few pixels now. It does not appear on dark colours and is most visible on white or light grey.

I've also noticed another small spot about the size of a pixel appear in the last day or so about 1cm away from the first spot.

It's not a huge deal but you would think it would be less noticeable as time goes by instead of becoming more. I think it is getting bigger ever so slightly because I dont recall it being as visible as before.

Is this something that is serviceable by Apple? I have been having problems as of late with random shut downs. I took the machine back and they kept it over night but could not locate an issue so did not do anything for me.

I'm hesistant to say that they would care anymore about this "issue".

2. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Yes I have several of these. At first I thought they were just smudges but after cleaning the lcd they are still there...what are they!?