MacBook... lines in screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Love, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Love
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Love

I got this on 5 April, and already, it has a problem.

Lines have randomly been appearing throughout the screen, distorting the whole machine and rendering it unusable for several minutes at a time. I've tried PRAM, SMC reset... any suggestions?

Video of problem

2. upinflames900
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

3. MacManiac76
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

4. eman
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

5. MarkCooz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

I've never actually seen that before, but wow it looks like the same problem i had with my old compaq laptop, but that one was worse, everything got distorted. I think it has something to do with your video cable connecting to the LCD, I may be wrong but something sure is loose.

I would take it to apple, and let them check it out, Plus it's an 09 macbook so i'm sure it's still under warranty...

6. Love
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 68000

Love

Took it to Apple on Saturday. They said it would be done by 7PM that evening but I received no call. Gave them until 1:30 PM the next day, with no call. Called them and asked what was going on, as the website said that the machine was ready but I hadn't received a phone call. They said that they couldn't find my machine and he'd ask the genius when they were done their genius meeting. They called back. It needs a new screen, more than just the originally predicted logic board.

It won't be ready for a while.

7. andalusia
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

andalusia

That really did look bad. Sorry about that man, hope you didn't need your machine for work or anything important :3