Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macau

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
Hi guys. Great thread, even though it's a bit old now.

I decided to replace the LCD in my old white macbook. The original LCD was a Chi Mei N133i1-L01 Rev.C1 (glossy). Over the years it got dull, and the whites became a bit yellowish. Last week I installed a LG Philips LP133WX1 replacement LCD. The screen is pretty good, but seems a bit hard on the eyes for some reason. Not sure if it was because I've adjusted to the duller screen. Colors are bright, but the vertical viewing angle is pretty limited, and seems to be off centre for some reason i.e. need to look at the screen from slightly below to make it look just right. Not sure if that's because I replaced the Chi Mei screen with an LG. Apparently they're compatible.

Anyway, I decided to try out a matte display, as they were going pretty cheap at a nearby store. I should get it in about a week.

I was just wondering if anyone has a calibration profile file for the Matte display. The part number is Chi Mei N133i1-L04 Rev.C1 (matte).

latypik

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
Here's the result! It really is stunning, and far nicer than the glossy one.. :)

52370758.jpg

53921531.jpg

If anyone else has used the same display as me (LTD133EV2F), let me know and I'll happily give you the colour profile for the display. Without it, it has a really blue tint.

I'm really interested on LTD133EV2F colour profile for my macbook ! Could you attached to a message on this forum ?
Thank you very much !!!

macau

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
Where can I buy a LTD133EV2F display?

Just an update....

I tried to install the Chi Mei N133i1-L04 Rev.C1 (matte) LCD, but the display connector was incompatible! Managed to get a refund fortunately.

NebKiwi or latypik, do you know where I can buy a LTD133EV2F (matte) display?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.