Macbook network weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rockinrocker, Nov 30, 2006.

1. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

So I got my macbook back from applecare last week (sent in for rss), and everythings working fine except....
    sometimes when i get home after using the computer elsewhere it no longer automatically connects to my home network/router. The airport is set to connect automatically, is there some other preference or setting that i'm missing?
    it works fine once i select my default network, so i'm mainly just curious about why it's doing this....
    Thanks.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just a few suggestions:

Go into another account and see if it will auto connect.
    Turn airport off then restart it.
    Have you install the latest update...if not then try it out.

Bless

3. baummer macrumors 6502a

Could be a delay in picking up the new signal. Also, are there any other wireless networks you can pickup that have the same SSID? If so, I'd change yours to something unique. This can be done in your router settings.

4. rockinrocker thread starter macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the input;

>Turn airport off then restart it.
    I guess I kind of assumed this would happen when I restarted the machine, but I went ahead and tried it anyway.

>Have you install the latest update...if not then try it out.

I'm pretty sure everythings upto date, 10.4.8, and the latest firmware update that came out.

>Could be a delay in picking up the new signal.

It does typically take a few seconds to find a signal, but the issue here is that it doesn't find it at all unless I go in and select it...

>Does this bug + fix apply?

From what I can understand, that just has to do with secure networks, right? My home network is open (I know, probably a bad idea, but I live in the middle of a pretty quiet neighborhood so I'm not too worried about it).

At any rate, I haven't had the issue again since the other day, so maybe that airport restart is all that was required....
    Thanks again.

5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

I was having the same problem, but this fixed it:)

Thanks for the link mad jew:) ;):cool: