Macbook Nintendo DS Wifi

Discussion in 'Games' started by w00ty, Nov 4, 2006.

1. w00ty macrumors newbie

[loltechnical]
    Right. I was setting up a new Wifi connection for my DS, and I decided to do something a bit different. I put my MacBook into network mode, and serched on my DS. It appeared on my DS as WiFi point. I tried connecting, but in network mode there's no internet, so it didn't work. Would it be possible to hack the WiFi via this?
    [/loltechnical]

2. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Search is your friend.

Plus there was a topic just like this a week ago:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=246296

Just so you know, it will work. That's how I connect my DS to the internet.

3. w00ty thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I can connect via my router, I ws just wondering whether it would be possible to send umm... homebrew software to my DS. Or something like that.

4. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Oh right. Well, people have hacked the DSes Wifi and can send small programs to it.

The problem is that the DS only has 4 megs of RAM, so you have to fit all your code into the RAM if you're sending a game via wifi. Not very convenient.

5. Gunhaver macrumors member

Is it really possible to do that with a Mac? Ive seen this walkthrough, but it doesnt seem there are any drivers for doing it on a Mac.
    There are plenty of demos in existence small enough to be loaded wirelessly to the DSs internal memory, such as all the ones you can play at DS Download Stations, naturally.