MacBook Not Charging!!!!??!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iWinnipegger, Mar 12, 2007.

1. iWinnipegger macrumors regular

I booted up my MacBook, and i've noticed where the battery icon is, it shows an empty batter with an X on it. It's been charging for a few hours. I unplgued the magnlock and it just shut off. So i pluged in my charge into another outlet, booted up my macbook again..and again it's not charging!!!! because when i unplug the charger it just shuts down and it says there's no battery left!!! What's going on!!!!

i can use all the help i can get, i'm not that great with computers

2. yanasax macrumors member

yanasax

something with the charger, i had issues with mine before
    look for a hole in the cable on the charger wires
    or...there might not be a hole but sometimes it gets really hot around where the charger goes into the computer and it damages the wires right there, and creates a hole, at least that's what happened to me

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's a problem with your charger. if you still have AppleCare call them and they will give you a new one

4. iWinnipegger thread starter macrumors regular

but how can it be the charger if it's still powering my macbook, the problem is it's not staying charged. wouldn't it be something wrong with the battery???

5. UrsaMajor macrumors regular

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my white 1.8mhz intel Macbook. The charger is powering the computer, but the batter won't light up and the X stays on the battery.

I bought it in June 2006, is the warranty on all of this a year?

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Had this on my old 3 week old macbook, changing chargers did the trick

7. beingme macrumors member

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I sometimes get the X on mine if the computer has been asleep for about 25mins. I would advise taking out the battery and leaving it for a few minutes before putting it back in. If this still doesn't work, have you got a friend with a MB or MBP?? If so, use that charger and see if it changes.

9. emac82 macrumors 6502

That's a really slowwwwwwww computer.