macbook. now or wait??? HELP.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JohnnyQuest, Nov 20, 2006.

1. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

so i am saving money for a macbook right now and expect to buy one around new years. my only question is: should i wait for leopard? is it really that necessary to have or can i wait a while then buy it?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'd go ahead and get it. There were a few bugs with the initial release of Tiger, so it might be good to wait a little bit before upgrading to Leopard. You'll want that Mac before then, and Tiger will serve you just fine.

3. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Since the new macbooks are 64-bit, there is no reason to wait any longer then you need to. I'm not a huge fan of "waiting" for machines, you'll never get to use your mac if you're always "waiting" for it.

4. whawhat macrumors 6502

i would get one now - just make sure it's c2d - i had a single core duo macbook before w/ a ton of bugs and i returned and waited for c2d. no problems (knock on wood) so far.....

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Get one now. If your always thinking of getting the "next, new" thing, you'll be waiting forever. This is especially true in hardware, wear the increase in speed is barely noticable, at all.

Leopard does have many new features, but there will be bugs in the initial version as stated before, and Leopard's release is in spring. Spring could mean anywhere from late March to early June. And you could always upgrade. :)

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Agree with the others, buy now!

I'd wait till the fall to buy Leopard, any major bugs (if any) will have been worked out.