Macbook Now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Symbol, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. Symbol macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #1
    I am looking to buy the macbook. However, i have heard that the new merom chip is coming out and i am having second thoughts. I need to know whether it would be worth the wait.. (would the performance of the core 2 duo be double the performance of the core duo? i have heard that it would be around 20%.)

    So, do you think that it would be better to buy a macbook now or wait until the merom chips come out and get either a faster merom or a cheaper core duo which would be reducd in price from what they are now.

    Thanks, Giles.
     
  2. Killyp macrumors 68040

    Killyp

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    #2
    Don't wait IMO. The speed increase will be 20% in perfect conditions (ie, doing what the new chips do best). In practice I'd be surprised if they gave you more than 10% anyways...

    I also doubt the MacBook will get the upgrade...
     
  3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

    tobefirst

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2005
    Location:
    St. Louis, MO

Share This Page