Macbook on Fire...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JPC, Oct 11, 2006.

1. JPC macrumors newbie

Hello all, i been a mac user for a while, this is my second lappie, i just shutdwon my macbook on 65% battery and when i got home two hours later it was so hot it burnt me, the whole thing was so hot it wasnt funny. I looked at the lappy and somehow it hadnt shut down properly and was going crazy... My battery is now on 6%???? once turned in again. I had a few problems now with this macbok, what should i do bout this current problem??? Thanks all.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

So it's not actually on fire...just very very hot. :rolleyes:

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

oh man.. i was looking for some flaming above macbook picture...

5. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

true

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It can happen, especially if you close the lid before the shut down process has finished.

7. jTreu macrumors 6502

8. ormandj macrumors member

Unplug, pull out the battery, take it in to Apple/call Apple. Do NOT attempt to use it. Keep it somewhere fire-proof in the meantime (the battery).

9. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

10. aquanutz macrumors regular

it was just acting as a portable heater for the cold months... it's a 'feature' :D

11. JPC thread starter macrumors newbie

i been using it lately hey and it not been bad at all, only thing is that i think there is something faulty with my sensor lid( think thats what it is) when its put to sleep or shutdown. I also have problem sometimes when turning it on, it doesnt respond. I had this problem in my last ibook also. Apple getting lazy...

12. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

if you close the lid before the shut down process finished, shouldn't it go into sleep if it still can, but if it has gone too far it'll just shut down, right?

but what was THAT....

oh.. do you have external keyboard/mouse, after you closed the lid, perhaps you moved the mouse, in which case it fired your mb back up... i dont know

13. JPC thread starter macrumors newbie

Nah nothing other than lappie, so no external devices... i dont know what the deal with this new mac book. There is a couple problems now i had, but i think that i give it a bit cause i still have one year warranty.

14. JPC thread starter macrumors newbie

I think there is something wrong with this battery also , cause it never gives true reading, it dies really quickly when on 5 percent or so. The macbook had battery issues hadnt it> some got recalled?

15. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I get that quite frequently (doesn't shut down, turns into a furnace on blue screen). It was one of the list of issues I listed which wasn't cured by the MBP's first visit into Applecare. Maybe they only fix one issue at the time, then leave it sitting in their vaults for a week. I wait around for the MBP to shut down these days or make sure it enters sleep mode.

The overall sleep / hibernation / etc modes and functionality on Mac laptops seem to be severely buggy / lacking compared to Windows machines.

16. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

If it has logged out of the Operating System and you close the lid, it will heat up like no other...

Tried this with my girlfriends MacBook. We had to hold down the Power Button to turn it off properly.

17. JPC thread starter macrumors newbie

That what i had to do Pressure, turn if off by holding power button: melting:p

18. hush macrumors member

Yeah dude, imagine what you can save in central heating in winter time... obviously that's a feature, Steve has thinked about everything.