MacBook. Ordered.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Glenn Wolsey, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I've finally ordered my MacBook after much anticipation. I ordered it about 3 hours ago and its already shipped, hopefully it will arrive within the next 2 days.

MacBook 13.3" White
    1.83Ghz
    Stock

I'll purchase some more RAM for it at a later date, I just wanted to post because I am so excited!

2. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Nice Glenn! I hope you have good luck with it! I'm sure I don't have to tell you to take pictures for Flickr.

I'm only slightly jealous that you got yours first. ;)

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Lucky, I am planning to buy mine when once Merom comes out. I don't really know why I am waiting, taking it that speed isn't an issue for Word Processing (my main task) but I just like the idea of having the latest :D

4. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Nice buy. I'll be waiting till I can't run whatever new mac os is out or my computer dies after my warranty is dead. Hopefully a 1.33 G4 will last me 2-3 years or more if I'm lucky

5. taybone macrumors member

Don't be silly, buy it now and enjoy it! Once merom comes out there will be another chip around the corner...will you wait for that? Try not to worry about what is in the near future.

6. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on the purchase Glenn! I know you've been excited about the upgrade. Can't wait to see some Flickr photos! :)

7. andrewag macrumors 6502

8. McNewbie macrumors newbie

Agree. You will never ever be completely up to date with technology:mad:

9. jupiter macrumors newbie

Can't Wait

Congrats, I ordered mine a week ago, should come in the next two days! I went for the 1.83, I'll be upgrading the RAM as soon as I can afford it.

J

10. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

11. Glenn Wolsey thread starter macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

But it doesn't match :p

12. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Dude, stand out from the crowd, plus you can see the Apple logo better on the Black model.

Plus, chicks think it's sexy ;).

13. daze macrumors 6502

daze

I just ordered a Black MacBook as well. I checked it out in person at a local CompuSmart store before deciding to buy it. I love the keyboard on it. The glossy screen looks nice too; definitely sharper colours, though I do find the reflection of yourself a bit distracting. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

My estimated shipping date is June 19.

14. vv-tim macrumors 6502

One of the beautiful things about Macs is their high resale value on eBay ;)

15. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

And one of the wonderful things about eBay is the high ripoff potential of non-face to face selling....

16. pure*evil macrumors newbie

I've made hundreds of deals on ebay and have only had "issues" once, I say, you're pretty safe if you stick to people who only sell/buy a few times a month, stay away from the "businesses" that sell thousands and thousands of items a month. Most likeley you'll get lost in the shuffle like I did.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hey exactly the same.

Shipping date 19th - delivery 21st.

Must be sending out a big batch all at once to a distribution center.

Stock macbook black I assume? :)

18. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Yeah, I think they are clearing out the old inventory to get ready for the next revision.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Would there be a REV that quickly? Doubt it. I hope not :eek:

20. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

I have sold 2 Macs on eBay so far. No Problems. And I got a very good amount for them as well.

If you want to give your macs away or try the local sale method have at it. But please don't spread inaccurate information. Just like anything else if you don't play it smart you might get screwed, which is entirely the fault of the person who is not fully informed and on guard.

So I am guessing you are against the Marketplace and never use it? I am also guessing no one has ever been scammed here right? Please. If you want to be that pessimistic, typing your credit card number anywhere on the internet, heck even the Apple store has a high ripoff potential. So along with not spreading inaccurate information, please think before you decide to type a message filled with nothing more than your own personal feelings that are in fact not true. Thanks.

21. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Exactly, I just added a mini-DVI to DVI convertor with everything else being the defaults. I'll order the extra memory from CanadaRAM, and be happy as can be. Can't wait to get it. My PB 12" 867MHz is slow, slow, slow!

22. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Awesome...I can't wait to get my new 'book, but it's going to have to wait until the next budget year starts at work (7/1). Hopefully I'll have my hands on one soon :cool:

23. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Dude.. you are gonna love it, but i bet you have it now!!!!!!

24. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Black MacBook has shipped! Yay!

Ship date: Jun 17, 2006
    Estimated delivery: Jun 22, 2006 6:00 PM

Attached Files:

25. daze macrumors 6502

daze

So I received my MacBook yesterday! 2 days ahead of the estimated shipping date by FedEx. However...

This laptop has a few very annoying problems:

0. Runs very hot (hotter than my PB 12") and speaker volume is quite low -- Not a huge deal
    1. Option/ALT key stays stuck if you press it firmly
    2. Arrow keys don't always respond properly. A slight pressure change causes the key to stop responding. Seems like a contact problem.
    3. Left side of the space bar feels hollow (not a huge deal)

and the most annoying:

4. The track pad button is not even, and makes a metallic clicking noise (right side). If I close the lid and press it, I hear the same noise.

I am going to call tomorrow, and see if I can get this laptop replaced.

I ordered the MacBook (black) with stock 512MB RAM -- this is woefully inadequate. Get at least 1GB. I have ordered the 2GB RAM already. What to do with the 2x256MB modules...

WinXP installed great using BootCamp. Runs extremely well, and actually performs better than OS X.

Any advice would be appreciated.