MacBook: OS X Reinstall and Calibration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nikhil72, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Hey all. I just purchsed a BlackBook and am loving it...it replaces a 1 1/2 year old PowerBook 1.67 and I am loving even more than my previous system.

I calibrated the battery but decided to reinstall OS X to save some space and selectively install some components. Should I be re-calibrating the battery following completion of the OS install?

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm pretty sure the calibration is for the software in the battery, not the computer itself.

3. Nikhil72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks...I wasn't sure if it was the software in the battery that was being calibrated or if it was the power meter in OS X that was calibrating itself to the battery's capacity, etc.

4. hStack macrumors member

I always thought calibration is for mitigating the memory effect of the battery itself. Actually in the MacBook manual, it recommends to calibrate the battery once a month, which sounds suspiciously a maintenance schedule to alleviate memory effects problem. Even though the Macbook battery is llithium ion, which was supposed to eliminate any memory effect issue.