Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did the 10.4.8 update make your MacBook's screen Blue-ish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I know this "blue-ish" screen issue has not affected everyone, but I wanna try and get some solid numbers on MacBook owners specifically.

So - yes or no, did your MacBook get a blue-ish screen after this latest 10.4.8 update?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yeah...

Any room here for 12" powerbook owners?

It definitely left mine with a faint, but noticeable, blue hue.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
sorry, you need to offer more detail about this "blu-ish" problem, Its really hard to judge by myself.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
System Preferences > Displays > Color

Sounds like your default profile has been changed. An OS update cannot turn your screen blue.

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
Yes, mine got it, but it is a very very easy fix. Just get the old color profile from 10.4.7.

I had the blue screen, but I don't anymore.

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
I got it, and at first i didn't mind, but out of curiousity I checked it against the old color profile and realized how bad the blue was. It looks much better IMHO with the old profile.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
No change. I even dug out the "old" Color LCD profile and put it next to the "new" one, to see if there were any differences. None what so ever.

That doesn't mean there wasn't any colour changes, though. The Navigation Toolbar in Firefox is now white, #FFFFFF, and I think it was the usual light gray, #EAEAEA or something... isn't that new...?

mugtastic

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
totally got the blueish on my macbook - used the old profile posted on an apple forum. i was getting used to it but i thought i'd see if i was imagining things so i checked the forums - it's not as subtle as the adaptive mind can trick you into. seems very similar to the alternate settings under the preferences menu though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.