macbook picked up ibook habits?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Mar 19, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002
    hello mac-isti!

i have this beautiful macbook pro, 2 ghz... and i love it and it's fine and good.

the file settings were transfered from my ibook g4. and i was initially a little concerned about that (i usually like to review all my settings when transfering to a new mac to streamline things) but it's worked pretty well and who am i to argue?

... and in using dashboard... i still get the old ibook's was of viewing them, they appear from the foreground as if falling onto a surface... not through the ripple effect.

i have a new macbook. i want the ripple effect! i thought the ibook couldn't pull it off 'cause of it's video card.... is there a way to change these settings?

2. USA1776 macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2006
    The widgets always 'fall' onto the desktop when you activate Dashboard, they always have done.

You might have seen videos of widgets being added, in that case, yes you do get the ripple effect (add a new one, you'll find out).
  3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2005
    that is correct. when i first read that, i was a little confused, but this cleared it up and USA is totally right.
  4. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002