MacBook power (battery life?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JACT2000, Jan 11, 2006.

1. JACT2000 macrumors newbie

Has anyone seen ref to battery life on the new notebooks?

I can't find any detail, is that because Apple aren't keen to highlight it is only five minutes?

I see the battery capacity is up on the old machines.....

J

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

At least three hours, quite possibly more though. :)

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

What do you mean by that?

The battery will probably last anywhere between 2-4 hours depending on what the user is doing.

4. JACT2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just mean the old PowerBooks battery was 50 watt/hour the MacBook battery is 65 Watt/hour. (Quite a hike in performance, 30% in fact – like worth mentioning you would have thought?) This would be good news if the MacBook's consumption is the same or less than the Powerbook (ie 1/3 more power hence a potential 7.5 hour life)....conversely it could be they had to bump the power output to cope with increased demand from the notebook - like the ultra bright screen.

It just seems a little suspicious that Apple make a point of highlighting the 5.5 hour battery life of the old machine but make no mention - anywhere - as far as I can see of battery life in the new machine. I would like to order a MacBook but don't want any nasty surprises like "a brand new battery gives 1 hour of operation.."

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Ah right, I gotcha. I thought you meant they had replaced the batteries in the Powerbooks and they were now getting better battery life or something. :eek: ...I just got home from work.

6. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

It's not watt -per- hour, it's watt -multiplied by- hours.
    Anyhoo, I think Yonah takes more juice than the G4 does. 3 to 4 hours is realistic for the new 'Book.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

I think we need five or six more "how long is the battery life on the MacBook Pro" threads. :rolleyes: