Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I chose the 13" due to the increased portability and chose the i7 because of the lack of a quad core processor. I figured, no matter how small the gain is from an i5 to an i7, a gain is a gain :)

It's coped with the majority of tasks for me and though I don't game, I do a lot of development and video encoding. I'm flooring it right now and iStat reckons my headline temperature is 49 degrees and the CPU is at 98%.

Pricing up a quad core i7 Mac Mini at the minute to speed up all of this encoding. I really wish they'd put a quad in a 13".

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
And did you noticed any difference in noise (is it more audible?). Can you see any difference in web pages lags or even in osx windows animations?

they behave the same under normal use, only difference is the i7 is noisier and a little hotter, as the min speed for the fan is 3400.

but there is a difference in speed when you export a bunch of pix from CR2 to JPG, of course... i'd say ˜40% faster.

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.