Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terencedriver

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2015
If you order from apple direct online do you get one panel (LG) vs buying from stores like BB or similar in the UK?

Last edited:

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
hmmm, I was under the impression that you could only determine the screen mfg for the 15" via color profile. Did I miss something?

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Great video reviews, thanks for posting.

I'm no video editing experts by any means, but I do wonder if the huge rendering times compared to the 15" rMBP with Nvidia is because of the lack of support for Intel Quick Sync on the new Iris 6100 GPU? I use a Windows computer myself with an Intel 3770K to convert videos myself, and using Intel Quick Sync is faster than using CUDA. The same app I use for conversion, I was not able to use Intel Quick Sync on another computer with an i7-4790 because it was not updated for the i7-4790.

robertojorge

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Portugal
Great video reviews, thanks for posting.

I'm no video editing experts by any means, but I do wonder if the huge rendering times compared to the 15" rMBP with Nvidia is because of the lack of support for Intel Quick Sync on the new Iris 6100 GPU? I use a Windows computer myself with an Intel 3770K to convert videos myself, and using Intel Quick Sync is faster than using CUDA. The same app I use for conversion, I was not able to use Intel Quick Sync on another computer with an i7-4790 because it was not updated for the i7-4790.

Hi, thanks!! Mostly because the 13" is a dual core. AE doesnt car much about GPU´s unless you are using Ray Tracing, if you are then GPU power will be very important and the GT 750m altough it renders it doesnt make any miracles :)

The huge difference in AE is when you have Quad cores CPU comparing with dual cores, theres a huge difference. AE is a CPU and Ram dog it takes as much as you give to it :)

All the Best
RJ

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
nice review as always =) i liked your review about ex4100 and finally ended up to buy dl2100.

robertojorge

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Portugal
nice review as always =) i liked your review about ex4100 and finally ended up to buy dl2100.

Thanks!! I also really like WD Nas, great functionality and very intuitive to use. And these latest ones EX2100 / 4100 have some great transfer speeds. All the Best. RJ

psoiree

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2016
Roberto,

thank You very much sir for creating the review and Premiere +AE tests because I'm just about to buy new 13" and this is the MOST IMPORTANT factor that I need to consider. I've registered to the macrumors only for this post :D

Do You have any informations about march premiere of 2016 MBP? I've heard that they're gonna update the Intel processor.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Roberto,

thank You very much sir for creating the review and Premiere +AE tests because I'm just about to buy new 13" and this is the MOST IMPORTANT factor that I need to consider. I've registered to the macrumors only for this post :D

Do You have any informations about march premiere of 2016 MBP? I've heard that they're gonna update the Intel processor.
You do realize that no one knows and everything you hear is just speculation right?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Roberto,

There is always this:

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com//#Retina_MacBook_Pro

robertojorge

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Portugal
Roberto,

Hey, thanks for the feedback and im glad you found the info useful :) soon i will be adding a Macbook to my database hehe!! Although its not my kind of machine i have a friend who just bought one and i will be having it here for a few days to play around :)

Regarding as what we will see / want / will be created hehe!! No one knows!! :) As @RoboWarriorSr mentioned.

All of us probably have a "wish list" :) but that is it. The rest just "rumors" hehe!! Which is nice and probably the reason we keep coming here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.