Macbook Pro Airport Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by JD92, Jul 21, 2006.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hi,
    My friend's recently had to buy an MBP for work after her Powerbook was stolen, and so far the new MBP has been unable to connect to the wireless network.

She works in a building with lots of offices and they all share the same wireless connection run buy a man who apparently 'doesn't know about Macs' :rolleyes:

She can see the connection, and she can connect to it, but as soon as she opens Safari or tries to do anything else on the Internet, she gets disconnected.

Hope you can help,
    Jackster

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can she find out what sort of security the network is utilising? :)

3. REDSRT4 macrumors regular

Sounds like some kind of security issue, i have had similar problems and the it person always says "macs wont connect"

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, most support people don't want to get their hands dirty with setting up a Mac on their network. Having said that, if we find out the type of security then we may be able to help. It really should work. :)

5. rawcat macrumors newbie

my mbp is 2 months old

and all the sudden my airport doesn't detect my home network, or any other network? everything was working fine and one day it stopped detecting the router that was literally 5 feet away. I did all the fun resetting the router (unplug, plug, etc) but nothing works. I took it to my friend's house and it still doesn't detect anything. any ideas?
    (2.1 GHz 2gb 100gb)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

rawcat, try resetting your PMU. It'll reset some of the network port settings which may help if this is a software-side issue. Otherwise, the card may have worked loose. Is it still visible in System Profiler? :)