Macbook Pro Aluminum Delamination / Misalignment

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karebihun, Mar 16, 2007.

1. karebihun macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just got my macbook pro about a month ago C2D 2.16 ghz 1 gb ram. Love it. Only problem is.. i'm finding that some of the aluminum isn't lined up quite perfectly. For example - the aluminum above the button that unlatches the screen sticks out a bit. I dont have access to my camera right now but i think i'll post pictures later. Its odd because I haven't had too many bad drops or anything and I figured that if I really did drop the laptop the metal would dent inwards. Its actually delaminating outwards a bit. Any idea on if Applecare would cover this? taking it into the apple store? Sorry about the lack of pictures. i'll put some up later tonight when i'm at home. Thanks guys.

I know that these mbp's are really tough but it almost seems like the MB hard plastic would be more durable than the aluminum on the mbps. Maybe there was a "defect" on the integrity of my laptop's shell

2. melllvin macrumors newbie

Same on my MBP

Hi karebihun, I got my MBP C2D back in November when it first came out, and 1 week after I had it, I noticed the exact same protruding bend you described. And I know I hadn't bumped it, so seems it came this way from the factory - it was just a small enough detail that I hadn't noticed it right away.

By that time I had already customized it so much, that I thought it wouldn't be worth the time to re-install everything in case I got a possible replacement -- not to mention being kept apart from my new MBP :)

I'm guessing we're not the only ones with the same factory defect.

Please let me know if you have any luck trying to have it taken care of by AppleCare.

3. reemrevnivek macrumors newbie

Re: Aluminum deformation

Hey, what do you know, mine did the same thing...

I'm going to go into the Apple store and see what they say. I baby mine too, and it shouldn't be getting bent like that! I don't know if it's gotten caught on something and pulled out, or if I've put pressure on it, or it it's a heat differential thing, or what. It is a weak spot, that's for sure.

4. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Mine did that too. I stuck it back down with a syringe and some superglue - it looked fugly and got in the way of the latch button. :mad: