Macbook Pro and External Display

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Arip, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Arip macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2005
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I have my owerbook conected to an externa display

if my macbook pro is open, i use it in screen expander mode (both screen)
    and when i close it, i use just the external display (with mx100 and apple bluetooth keyboard)

is there a way i can turn off the screen on the macbook pro, and use only the external display, without closeing the macbook?

i dont like it to be closed while turned on, cause all heat is disipated trought the macbook keyboard, and thats not good for the screen

any advice?

2. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    i'm not sure you can do what you want to do, but running the MBP with the lid closed is supported by Apple so the screen shouldn't be damaged by the heat. They only thing you could do is set the brightness to zero, but the screen will still be running.
  3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    oh god.... there was a keyboard shortcut i read earlier today on these forums for that very thing... let me see if i can find it....

EDIT: oooh wait... it was for sleeping the computer sorry:eek:
  4. wheezy macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2005
    Alpine, UT
    Well... for mine, just set it up so the laptop is closed and then when your'e up and running just open the laptop and it won't turn on the display, you have to tell it to detect displays. However, when you wake it from sleep it's going to auto detect it so you'd have to do that everytime...