macbook pro and the pc counterparts...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by capone2, Jan 13, 2006.

1. capone2 macrumors regular

...has anyone else noticed that the Windows notebooks with the Yonah launched at 1.83 and 2.0ghz !! Why didn't Apple ? Is this how its going to be going forward ? or what?

Not cool!!!!

PB 15"1.67ghz/1GBRam
    iPod White nano 4GB

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

But how big are they? 1 inch thick and only 5.6 pounds with a 15.4 inch screen? If so, then I'll be amazed

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It seems that they chose to put the lower-voltage versions of the chips in their notebooks. That rules out the higher speeds.

I'm guessing we'll find that the MacBooks work well as real notebooks, and that the other vendors' machines with the higher-voltage chips work better as "desktop replacement" systems that spend most of their time on desks and get lousy battery life. Time will tell how it all works out in the real world.

4. capone2 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess excellent points...

....i just want to see Apple the same as Dell, Gatway, Toshiba, and Acer, but yeah they are not as thin light and pretty.....

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The 2GHz Core Duo will probably show up in the replacement for the current 17" PowerBook , which I expect to show up soon...

6. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Maybe I'm not up to date on the Intel processors, but isn't the 2.0 in the iMac?