Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haoqfu

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I'm having a question about the apple care.

If I'm getting a macbook pro, and I've bought apple wireless keyboard, mighty mouse, airport extreme base station before purchasing the macbook pro. If i use these peripherals with the macbook pro, will these peripherals be covered by apple care as well?

Your help is appreciated!!

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I don't really understand your question, each item has its own warranty, it is not related to the Apple Care on your MacBook Pro, i.e your Apple Care covers your MacBook Pro and the keyboard, mouse and airport is covered by it own separate warranty.

I hope I answered your question :)

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
As stated from Apple, " The AppleCare Protection Plan covers your Mac, as well as an AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Apple RAM purchased for your Mac. Mac mini, Mac Pro, Power Mac, MacBook Pro and PowerBook customers can also register one Apple display for coverage, provided the Mac and display are purchased together."

So, for coverage, they must be purchased together and it would cover a display- not a wireless keyboard, or mighty mouse.

haoqfu

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I don't really understand your question, each item has its own warranty, it is not related to the Apple Care on your MacBook Pro, i.e your Apple Care covers your MacBook Pro and the keyboard, mouse and airport is covered by it own separate warranty.

I hope I answered your question :)

If you read the fact sheet of apple care carefully, you will find the peripherals will be covered under apple care. and there is no individual apple care warranty for keyboard or mouse available.

haoqfu

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
As stated from Apple, " The AppleCare Protection Plan covers your Mac, as well as an AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Apple RAM purchased for your Mac. Mac mini, Mac Pro, Power Mac, MacBook Pro and PowerBook customers can also register one Apple display for coverage, provided the Mac and display are purchased together."

So, for coverage, they must be purchased together and it would cover a display- not a wireless keyboard, or mighty mouse.

Thanks for your reply. that's what I assumed as well. But i know sb. got support for peripherals as well regardless when they purchased them.

I guess I will call Apple tech support and check out the official answer. =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.