MacBook Pro battery "failure" (?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w_parietti22, Oct 18, 2006.

1. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Ok so the yesterday I slept my MacBook Pro and they unplugged the magsafe. Then when I tried to wake it from sleep later on I realized that it had turned off. So I tried to turn it back on (not plugged in) and I heard the HD and SuperDrive turn on and then suddenly turn off. I checked the battery meter on the battery and it was about half way charged. When I got home that night I plugged it in and it turned on fine. Then today sense the battery was charged up full I thought that I would recalibrate the battery so I unplugged the power and boom it turned off. Then I reset the PRam and the PMU and the problem still occurs. Also, the battery shows an 88% max capacity in coconut battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    -Wes

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Did you check to see if your battery falls under the recall list?

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

One day I was using my MBP and my power cord fell off and it just shut off... The battery was fully charged. Then they replaced my battery on the recall.

4. w_parietti22 thread starter macrumors 68020

No it doesn't but I checked at Apple Suport Discussions and they said that they had the same problem, called apple and apple sent them a new battery (next day) even though it wasnt on the recall.

5. NJuul macrumors 6502

A battery can be defective even though it doesn't have a recalled serial number.
    This definitely sounds like a bad one, just call AppleCare and I'm sure they'll send you a new one.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I agree - they'll probably send you a new battery if you describe your problem to them.