Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jumpman25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Was just wondering if anybody else is having problems with their MacBook Pro bluetooth when using a bluetooth mouse. About half the time the bluetooth works fine, but the other half of the time the mouse jumps all over the screen like the bluetooth signal is bad or something. I tried both an Apple bluetooth mouse, and a logitech DiNovo mouse and had the same problem with both of them so the mouse isn't the problem. Are there known issues with the MacBook Pro bluetooth? Could there be a loose connection inside the computer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Do you notice the jumping coinciding with anything else like how much work the computer is undertaking or what surface you're using the mouse on? :)

Lord Rumpunch

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
BT problems

I have the same problems.

I have a new MB Pro 2.93GHz 15 inch computer with 4GB DDR3 ram. I have it plugged to the new 24 inch apple monitor and use the Mighty mouse and BT apple keyboard.

Most of the time both work fine. Then the mouse jumps as described by jumpman25. In addition, the keyboard looses connection and the muse stops working. I have to open my MB, use the touch-pad to turn off BT, then turn it back on and the devices are reacquired.

I cannot be certain but this seems to occur at the time my time machine is mounted and doing a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.