MacBook Pro BootCamp Help!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Guantanamo, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Help something has happened im trying to set up bootcamp on my mac i was strolling through when it got to the windows part i couldnt find which disk to use to install it and it said to try and reformat something so and it did that and after that finish i got stuck so i shut off my computer and now when it powers up my computer is stuck at a black screen with a white blinking underscore

2. simsaladimbamba

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

If you mean the "disk utility thing" linked to in the second link, that guide has the following to say:

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok but my disk drive is stuck because the disk drive wont eject the disk in there

6. simsaladimbamba

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

8. simsaladimbamba

Then you do not need the optical disk drive (ODD) yet, if you want to boot into Mac OS X or Recovery Mode.

Okay, since the links do not seem to work, we can do it this way:

Shut down your Mac by holding down the power button.
    Start the computer by pressing the power button.
    Immediately press the OPTION/Alt key.
    Select which OS to boot from via the arrow keys.
    Press Enter.

If you chose Mac OS X to boot into, it should be fine then.

If not, shut down the Mac again and press the power button to start it again.
    Immediately press CMD+R to boot into recovery mode and select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

For further information about recovery mode and such, you can look at the links I provided, or the quote in post #4.

9. macrumors newbie

@macsupport Hi *this evening I tried to install windows 7 using boot camp for my MacBook pro. I was going though the options. I created the partition and ran the windows disk and began the windows setup. When it came to select where I wanted to place the Bootcamp file I went to click on continue but it said the file was the wrong format. So thinking that I broke my MacBook I shut it down. Now when I start it up with a message insert *disk or any key. How do I get back onto mac os?*

10. simsaladimbamba

When you start the Mac via the power button, hold down the OPTION/Alt key to select which partition to boot from.
    Then in Mac OS X delete the partition you wanted to install Windows onto via Disk Utility and expand the Mac OS X partition again.
    Then start Boot Camp Assistant to create a partition for Windows with the size of your choice and follow the steps shown to you.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

PS: We are not an official Apple or Mac support forum.