[MacBook Pro] Buy now or wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrashRay, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. CrashRay macrumors newbie


    Aug 11, 2006
    I'm french student. I wish councils for buy my MacBook Pro.
    First at all, when do you think the "new" Macbook Pro is available ?
    And kind differences with the current macbook pro ?

    I go to Cork for next study year in University College of Cork. Can i buy my latop over there ? Special price for University Student ? If i buy over there, can i ask a "AZERTY" keyboard and not a "QWERTY":( ?

    In France, currently, i can buy :
    MacBook Pro 15,4" 2,16 GHz 1 Go .... 2298,71 euros

    Thanks for your answers and sorry for my poor english :eek:
  2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

    Jul 27, 2006

    No one knows when the "new" MacBook Pro will be released. And by new, I assume you mean updated with the newest Intel COre 2 Duo processor. This processor is code-named Merom, you can check out this thread where it is discussed:

    In summary, there is not a *huge* difference between the 2 chips. If you need a new computer, get it now. If you can wait, wait. Most people expect the new chip in the next few weeks. If there is something more substantial added it maybe released at the Apple Expo Paris which is 12 Sept.

    As far as the keyboard goes, I assume the "AZERTY" is the standard French keyboard? I know on the Irish online Apple store you can choose French Keyboard and OS option or just the French OS. I assume that if you want the English OS and the French keyboard that would be possible, I would suggest calling.

    It looks like the Uni discount for University College of Cork will run 2317.15 eur inc vat.
  3. aswitcher macrumors 603


    Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

Share This Page