Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baybegirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
chicago
anyone have the mbp c2duo...week 44 build (w8644) and notice and problems or flaws? (heard something about lcd backlighting, horizontal lines, etc)

Danny Futuro

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
anyone have the mbp c2duo...week 44 build (w8644) and notice and problems or flaws? (heard something about lcd backlighting, horizontal lines, etc)

i've got a week 44 machine, and it's showing some slightly uneven screen backlighting, but the problems stop there. everything else is perfect.

bradbowl

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2005
Honolulu, Hawaii
My week 44 c2d mbp runs great. It's very quiet and runs cool. CoreDuoTemp reads mid-high 40C at idle, 60C while doing processor intensive things. I haven't experienced any of the whine or other issues of the Rev. A.

miniguu

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2005
i've got a week 44 machine, and it's showing some slightly uneven screen backlighting, but the problems stop there. everything else is perfect.

Same here. Week 44, absolutely perfect save slightly uneven backlighting (or perhaps it's just bad viewing angle. Dark spots disappear if you sit directly in front of them)

e12a

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2006
week 43 here, no problems. except the "uneven" back lighting at certain angles...i say its probably somewhat even, but from the viewers perspective, it isn't, cause you're looking at different parts of the screen at from different angles. Move your head directly over the "dim" spot and it seemingly gets brighter.

usvi4me

macrumors regular

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I have a week 45 and I'm about to call about color banding.. it's pretty bad, actually.

Other than that no problems whatsoever. A little bleeding along the bottom, but not terrible whatsoever.

Anyone else having the horizontal lines?

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
I have a week 45 and I'm about to call about color banding.. it's pretty bad, actually.

Other than that no problems whatsoever. A little bleeding along the bottom, but not terrible whatsoever.

Anyone else having the horizontal lines?

how do you test for color banding??

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
how do you test for color banding??

I'm not sure how you test for it.. I was actually trying to find a test that would, because I'm still trying to decipher whether or not I actually have this problem, or if it's just a whole bunch of the images I have as wallpapers. On some images, no lines show up at all.. but as I understand it, color banding could be dependant on the color of the wallpaper? I really do not understand what exactly the problem is, other than the obvious lines that show up.

I'm somewhat leaning towards it's just a big batch of bad images, though, because the standard apple desktops don't show it, so I think I may have jumped the gun? I really don't know. Seems odd that a lot of images I got from several different places all have this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.