(Macbook Pro) Dvd Won't Eject after watching a movie

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by zenntench_oni, Apr 13, 2006.

1. zenntench_oni macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

Ahh! well when i was watching a dvd (final fantasy advent children) i notice it stop continuing playing. so i stop it and eject it and clean it and pop it in again. and i notice it stop at the same spot as before which i was getting tired of.

So then i tried ejecting the dvd. i didnt want to. so i reboot my macbook pro and tried ejecting the dvd it. it didnt want to eject. i tried it again but this time it made this bzz sound like its trying to eject but it doesnt. i tried dolding down the trackpad after startup, but still didnt work.

I spent at least a hour going mad because this SuperDrive simply won't spit out the dvd and it's preventing the system from booting. :mad:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

3. zenntench_oni thread starter macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

i read that nothing helps. im gonna go apple tomorrow. hopefully they can fix it. my macbook pro only been a month an three days old and a dvd gets stuck in the drive. not kool im still driving myself nuts

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Restarting in open firmware didn't work? In that case the drive is probably knackered. Hope they can sort you out at the store.

5. zenntench_oni thread starter macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

yeah restarting in open firmware didn't work. i does this problem covered by applecare. (yes im a newbie dont mind me) and i dont want to disassemble the machine. maybe i should let apple deal with this problem later on today. hopefully ill update whats going on that time.

6. iamhammill macrumors 6502

iamhammill

You tried the PMU also? I have a powerbook, and reseting the PMU worked for me when I had this problem.

7. zenntench_oni thread starter macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

yes i did tried the pmu also. ahhh crapy poo! whenever i tried pressing the eject button, its trying to eject but it cant really.

8. zenntench_oni thread starter macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

okay i just came back from apple. their gonna special order a optical drive for my macbook pro. its gonna take about 5 days to be there at my local apple store.

but i have a question. i still (somehow) can boot into the system but it still doesnt show the dvd-cd on finder. does it affect the harddrive and the rest inside of the system? or the problem is that optical drive?