Macbook Pro for school

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rice, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Rice macrumors newbie

I was waiting on a MBP for school this fall until after the WWDC, but now since it wasn't updated (from what I've been able to gather, I'm really not sure what I was even waiting, for, I was just told to wait) I have to get one. My question is, if I didn't have such need for one now, would this be a really stupid move? In other words, how significant is this update?

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

it's a pretty big update, but you never know how long you'll have to wait for it. if you need it now, get it now (that's the macrumors motto:) )

i just got a new Macbook, cuz i'm about to go back to school and need it now.

3. Rice thread starter macrumors newbie

all right, thanks, i'm going to get it now, it's just sort of depressing to spend all that money when a better one is coming out so soon, but i guess that's the way it is. thanks again.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

no problem. i know it kinda sucks, cuz i'll be kinda disappointed when the new macbook comes out next month, so i'll have the top of the line macbook for 3 weeks or so, and that's it (maybe even less). but that's how things go with computers.

5. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

The update is not that big of a deal unless your daily tasks are VERY CPU intensive or if you'll REALLY benefit from 64bit processing (which most ppl won't).