macbook pro heat....

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by miles01110, Aug 14, 2006.

1. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I ws just running Civ 4, and when I command-tabbed to my temperature monitor it read 76 deg. Celsius. I am already running a laptop cooler stand....is there anything else I can do to reduce the heat? Preferably without voiding the warranty...

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Sorry but I don't think so . I wouldn't wory about it though.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Yeah, my MacBook Pro has been running at 92 C for over 24 hours, and I haven't seen any ill effects. (Although I'll be sure to let you know, from my eMac, if it does die. :D )

(Temperature reported by the Dashboard widget 'CoreDuoTemp', as iStat nano reports 195 C! :eek: )

4. yanasax macrumors member

yanasax

Don't worry about the heat, if you are complaining about it being hot, it doesnt feel that hot, just aquire yourself to the heat, other than that, no worries!

5. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

they must have fixed the heat issues in the latest batch. i just got my 15" MBP on saturday. extremely quiet and cool...while running aperture, photoshop, multiple safari windows, itunes, skype and messenger. :D

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

They are talking about the internal cpu temperature, not how it feels. However, on the subject of how it feels, the bottom of my MBP literally gets hot enough to burn me. If the computer has been running for more than an hour or so, I can't keep my hand on the bottom of the notebook for more than about two seconds.

7. miles01110 thread starter macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd be interested to know what your core temperature(s) is. Mine is relatively cool and I can still keep it on my lap (not that I want to), but the temperature monitor reports upwards of 75 deg. C

8. DontBurnTheDayy macrumors member

help

Alright, reading these posts, I have a question...

I have a 15" MBP 1.83 GHz, and it typically runs anywhere from 38C - 44C, 101F - 111F(after being up for at least 30 minutes). This sounds almost TOO low... I'm using Temperature Monitor Lite... I also have an iCurve laptop stand. Is the temperature monitor just messed up, or am I extremely lucky???

9. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

Mine runs at about 60 degres celcius idle and about 70 degrees celcius under load.