MacBook Pro Intel + Adobe Programs

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by absolutoliver, Apr 20, 2006.

1. absolutoliver macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2006
    I want to buy the MacBook Pro with Intel but I am concerned about the updates. I primarily use Adobe programs and I can't seem to find info on how to update CS2 to be compatible with the new intel. I also am concerned of the cost. Should I just wait until CS3 comes out? Any other helpful tips before I buy this would be awesome. Im very nervous about this expensive purchase. Thank you.

2. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2005
    Currently your Adobe products will run under emulation (read: slow) and there is no planned update for CS2 products and CS3 won't come out till sometime in early 2007. If you use these products part time, I believe that it will run okay on Intel Macs. But if you make your money off them, it is better to buy a PowerPC iMac or PowerMac.
  3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

Apr 16, 2005
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    If you desperately need portability and adobe products, go the powerbook route. Other than that, go with a PowerMac G5...Other than the adobe products, everything else is fine.
  4. absolutoliver thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2006
    buying it for a year....

Since I REALLY want the intel one. What are the chances of buying a powerbook now and then selling it or trading it in for a MacBook Pro when the adobe products catch up. Is that possible and how would I do that and do you think its worth it going that route.

I have a G4 at home a G5 dual at work and I need a portable. AND I love the idea of .mac thing where it links all of the computers up. Is that available on the Powebook? Thanks for your help guys. You rock!!!